Are you interested in podcasting yourself? Do you have dreams about being one of the best podcasters across all platforms? The amazing thing about podcasting is that anyone can do it! You can also do it in your pajamas from the comfort of your own home. Podcasting is a great gig, and it is also reasonably cheap if you know the products to look for!
A Microphone: Best Podcast Microphone Under 100
Obviously the most important investment you will make as a podcaster is in a quality microphone. We are going to stress the word quality because that is crucial when it comes to podcasting. People are used to listening to high-quality microphones nowadays and to offer anything less is going to really hinder your chances of anyone listening to you — it is crucial to buy one that works!
There are plenty of podcast microphones that are affordable that still work great. Below we have included some of the best podcast microphones that you can buy for under $100!
Fifine USB Podcast Condenser Microphone
The first budget microphone is the Fifine USB Podcast Condenser Microphone. You can buy it directly on Amazon.
- USB condenser microphone
- works with both Mac computers and Windows computers
- eliminate any external wires, and the USB set up is concise and compact
- On the mic there are knobs that are going to let you control the volume and make the output volume at the level you need it at
- made of metal
- comes with a tripod desk stand that you can adjust
- comes with a six-feet long USB cable
- Very affordable price
- Easy to use
- Long USB cable
- Strong metal construction
- Works great with Audacity
- Great quality for this price point
- Can be quiet when recording
Marantz Professional MPM-1000
The second budget podcast microphone is the Marantz Professional MPM-1000, a very popular microphone that you can buy online at Amazon.
- made for people who want to do commentary on videos, such as on a YouTube channel, or anyone who is interested in starting a podcast
- ability to isolate instruments on a stage
- cardioid pattern built on the microphone that can pick up when is directly in front of it without catching echoes or background noise on the sides
- comes with a large diaphragm and has a wide frequency response of 20 to 20,000Hz
- comes with a windscreen that keeps the mic clean
- High quality of sound
- Affordable price
- Mic is heavy for the stand
Shure MV5 Digital Condenser Microphone
The next best podcast microphone under $100 is the Shure MV5 Digital Condenser Microphone. You can buy it from Amazon.
- has been made specifically to be used with the iPhone, iPod, and iPad: it is an Apple MFi microphone
- can directly connect to any of these iOS devices and you will not need to buy additional adapters or kits of any kind
- three DSP pre-set models already enabled
- either choose between recording the voice, recording flat, or recording an instrument
- able to apply gain, EQ, and also compression so you can have high-quality results
- built in output for a pair of headphones
- already been custom tuned so you can ensure a high quality of audio that is not distorted in any way
- either gray with a black foam bottom or a black microphone with a red foam bottom
- comes with a desktop stand that is made out of aluminum
- comes with a thread mount that can be used with any ¼ inch camera tripod thread
- Works great with Apple products
- Affordable price
- Easy to set up
- Already comes with pre-set modes
- Great for beginners
- The on light sometimes does not work
The products listed above are going to help you a lot when it comes to podcasting. Most of them have been made with podcasters in mind, and the best part is they all cost less than $100! If you are just starting out podcasting, especially if you do not know if you want to commit to it, we recommend that you do not spend a lot of money on your first microphone and buy one of these! You will not be disappointed as they are great!