Try and place yourself in the past, before television, when families would gather around a radio and listen to someone talk. They would use their imagination to picture what he or she was saying, and they would visualize what was happening. This was a way of escaping and a perfect way to hone visualization skills from a young age.
However, since the invention of the television, the entertainment industry decided to show us everything rather than allow us to listen. While there are a lot of pros to this, there are a lot of cons.
While the number of people reading for pleasure has slowly declined over the past several years, there must be some way to just listen rather than watch. This is true if you are somewhere that you cannot watch a show, such as in a vehicle or at the gym – that’s why podcasts are so important nowadays and why people are flocking to listen to them.
Why the Podcast: Budget Podcast Microphone
For those of you who have never heard of a podcast before (although we are sure you have at this point), they are basically like mini radio shows that you can listen to. They are available for any type of smart device. You can download the ones you want to listen to and away you go! Some have more of a television series vibe, where they follow one particular story, while others are more conversation driven or in an interview format.
They are interesting and they are taking off! Some of the biggest podcasters are making millions off their shows, which is why so many people want to try podcasting.
Just like YouTube users, anyone can become a podcaster. It’s quite easy. You simply sign up for a server to put your podcast on, record, and upload! It is as easy as that. To get listeners you need a great premise, but more importantly you need great equipment.
No one these days wants to listen to a podcast that simply does not sound good.
If you are new to podcasting you definitely don’t want to spend a lot of money on a microphone, as you want to budget well! This is understandable. We have gathered together some options for a budget podcast microphone. The ones listed below have solid reputations and are reasonably priced!
Fifine USB Podcast Condenser Microphone
The first budget microphone is the Fifine USB Podcast Condenser Microphone. You can buy it directly at Amazon.
- USB condenser microphone
- works with both Mac computers and Windows computers
- eliminates external wires, and the USB set up is concise and compact
- On the mic itself, there are knobs that are going to let you control the volume and make the output volume at the level you need it at
- made out of metal
- comes with a tripod desk stand that you can adjust
- comes with a six-feet long USB cable
- Very affordable price
- Easy to use
- Long USB cable
- Strong metal construction
- Works great with Audacity
- Great quality for this price point
- quiet when recording
Marantz Professional MPM-1000
The second budget podcast microphone is the Marantz Professional MPM-1000, a very popular microphone that you can buy online at Amazon.
- ideally made for people who want to do commentary on videos, such as on a YouTube channel, or anyone who is interested in starting a podcast
- ability to isolate instruments on a stage
- cardioid pattern built on the microphone that can pick up when is directly in front of it without catching echoes or background noise on the sides
- comes with a large diaphragm and has a wide frequency response of 20 to 20,000Hz
- comes with a windscreen that keeps the mic clean
- High quality of sound
- Affordable price
- Mic is a little heavy for the stand
Both products listed above are some of the best microphones to buy if you are on a budget. The best part is they have both been reviewed and tested if you are planning to start your very own podcast!