Podcasting is one of the best things you can do at home if you are looking for your next creative endeavor! It is fun, it is exciting, but above all it is easy! It is also very affordable, especially when compared to a YouTube channel. The main reason is that you don’t have to worry about video equipment at all, just the audio!
For those of you with Macs, we know your struggle in finding equipment that is easy to use with a Mac device. There are just too many adapters to choose from sometimes and it can be a pain when you buy something that does not work for your Mac. That’s we have decided to put together this guide for you all about podcast mics for Mac.
Guide on Podcast Mics for Mac
We have included two products below that have been created with Mac in mind and can work with a variety of iOS products. We hope that through our research we help you in your final purchase decision!
Shure MV5 Digital Condenser Microphone
The first podcast mic that will work on a mac is the Shure MV5 Digital Condenser Microphone. You can buy it on Amazon. This has been made specifically with iOS devices in mind, so let’s see what it has to offer!
- it has been made specifically to be used with the iPhone, iPod, and iPad: it is an Apple MFi microphone
- can directly connect to any of these iOS devices and you will not need to buy additional adapters or kits of any kind
- three DSP pre-set models already enabled
- either choose between recording the voice, recording flat, or recording an instrument
- able to apply gain, EQ, and compression so you can have high-quality results
- built in output for a pair of headphones
- already been custom tuned so you can ensure a high quality of audio that is not distorted in any way
- either gray with a black foam bottom or a black microphone with a red foam bottom
- comes with a desktop stand that is made out of aluminum
- comes with a thread mount that can be used with any ¼ inch camera tripod thread
- Works great with Apple products
- Affordable price
- Easy to set up
- Already comes with pre-set modes
- Great for beginners
- The on light sometimes does not work
Rode NT-USB USB Condenser Microphone
The second podcast mic built for a MAC system is the Rode NT-USB USB Condenser Microphone.
The reason we are looking at this product is it’s made with excellent quality from the fabulous Rode brand. Rode is one of our favorite manufacturers and they are known throughout the audio community as offering elite products!
- reasonably priced
- a high-quality microphone that can be used in the studio, that connects directly to a USB port
- no noise with this microphone and it features a mix control built right in the mic
- comes with a Tripod stand that the mic can sit on, fantastic for recording voices for a song
- comes with a pop shield and a ring mount
- works well with both Windows and Mac computers and can hook up directly to Apple’s iPad and the camera on it
- body features a 3.5-millimeter jack for headphones that you can attach to
- USB cable that comes with it measures 6m
- resolution is 16-bit
- one-year warranty on all the pieces
- Very high quality
- Comes with tripod
- Fantastic for music
- High quality of sound
- Affordable price
- Can’t handle extremely loud vocals or will distort
The products above are stellar and are going to work exclusively with your Mac and your other Mac products. One of the best things you can do is hook up your podcast mic to an iPad, so you can easily take it on the road and edit on the go. We can assure that both products above will work easily with a Mac with no problems at all!
We are so excited that you are considering producing a podcast of your own or helping a friend out with their podcast! We recommend that you run some tests with your mic before you start to ensure you have the highest quality possible for your podcast.